Being tall has many advantages. You are easily chosen in your favourite sports team. A lot of studies show that women prefer taller men. You can easily reach out to things kept at a height. It is easier to notice tall people in a crowd. However, being short will not hinder your progress in any aspects of life. Having a good height, will definitely give you an edge over others. While some people go for surgery or pills to increase their height, there are many other ways to increase your height.
Many people with short height tend to hold their genetics responsible. This is not entirely true. Even though you are born with short height because of your genes, you can attain your desired height. Exercising is the best way to increase your height.
Top 10 exercises to increase your height
Every guy or a girl desires to attain good height during their growing years. Practising good stretching exercises helps in growing tall. Let us look at some of the exercises that can help you achieve your desired height.
- Skipping–It is the great way to increase height and maintain weight. While skipping, you are continuously jumping. Your body muscles and ligaments stretch and contract, when you jump. This leads to the muscles becoming elastic and elongated. Skipping on a regular basis increases your bone mass and a couple of inches.
- Swimming – It also helps to maintain your cardiovascular health, apart from increasing your height. When you swim, all the muscles of your body are stretched. The growth hormone is released in the body when you swim on regular basis. The breaststroke, dogpaddle, backstroke are some of the swimming techniques that would help you increase your height.
- Touching toes – Firstly, you stretch your body and your arms straight upwards. Then, youmust bend your body to touch the toes. You must stay in the bent position for a minute. After a minute, you can stretch your arms and relax your body to come back to standing position.
This helps in stretching your spine and arm muscles. Touching your toes on regular basis not only helps you in growing tall but also improves your blood circulation.
- Vertical hanging–This exercise requires good amount of body strength. You need to hang on a bar and pull your body upwards. This exercise is very challenging. However, the results of this exercise is very fruitful. Maximum amount of practice is required for this exercise.
- Pelvic exercise – In order to do this exercise, you must lie on the ground, facing upwards. You can place your arms behind your back. Ensure that your shoulders are properly rested on the ground. Bending your knees, you must bring them near your hips. Further, with your body strength you should push your hips up and down.
You will feel the stretch in your spine and pelvic muscles. Pelvic exercises can be done easily on regular basis for good results.
- The back stretching exercise – You must lie on the floor on your stomach. Put your elbows firmly by your sides and hands properly beneath the shoulders. Then, you can gently raise your head and your chest from the ground. You need to straighten your arms and hold that position.
After a minute, relax and come to the original position. While doing back stretching exercise, you stretch your shoulder muscles and stomach muscles.
- Side stretching exercise – You can use a gym ball or a steel rod to do this exercise. This exercise will stretch your arms, stomach and pelvic muscles. Place the steel rod on the back of your neck and stretch on your sides alternatively. Another exercise would include holding the steel rod above your head and stretching both your arms upwards and bending on the sides alternatively.
If you are using a gym ball then you should hold the ball in front of you. Ensure that you keep your arms straight and twist on each side alternatively. You can also hold the ball above your head, stretching your arms bend on the sides alternatively.
- The Superman exercise – This is a very simple exercise. You can lie on the floor on your stomach. Slowly raise both your arms and legs in the air, balancing on the stomach. You may stretch your arms and legs in the air as much as possible. Hold on to the position for a minute and relax. You may repeat the exercise for a couple of times.
You can also repeat the same exercise by stretching alternate hands and legs. This exercise will strengthen the muscles of your calves and arms.
- Cycling–It is one of the best ways to add a few inches to your height. While cycling, you are sitting in an upright position continuously. Maintaining a correct posture helps in growing taller. Also, all the muscles and ligaments of the legs are stretched.
You can also do cycling exercise while lying on a floor. This exercise can be done by lying on the floor. You must stretch both your legs in the air and cycle with them alternately.
- Jogging – It is one of the most effective ways to grow taller. While running you must maintain an upright posture. For better results, you can wear ankle weights while jogging.
Stretching your arms and legs after running with ankle weights gives great results.
If you are looking for a considerable gain in your height, you would need to work on several other areas of your life apart from physical activity. Apart from exercising to increase your height, you must also maintain a healthy diet. Include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Also, increasing protein in your diet and drinking plenty of water gives good results. It is also important to feel happy and free yourself from tension and worries. Infact you should consider following a complete height gain program which gives to information on how you can manage all these activities in the most efficient manner so as to boost maximum height as soon as possible.
The above mentioned exercises not only help you to grow taller but also maintain overall health. You must ensure that you are exercising correctly with all the right forms and postures. Exercising on daily basis also helps in losing weight and maintaining good metabolism. It keeps you focused and active throughout the day.