Women tend to stay more conscious of their overall looks as compared to men and well we know that height is a big contributing factor in overall appearance of any individual. Whether you are a guy or a girl, a good height surely does wonders to your personality. But the fact is that a lot of celebrities including hollywood actreses aren’t that tall but they still look good on the screen. Hilary Duff is just 5’1”, Mila Kunis is just 5’3”, Salma Hayek is just 5’2”. On the screen no one can even guess their actual height as they all are dressed cleverly. Well you can’t achieve your heigh gain goals in a single day so while you are on your journey to get taller, you must get dressed so you would appear taller than you really are. Here are some dressing tips for women that will help them appear taller than their actual height.
- Prefer Maxi Skirts: Short women believe that maxi skirts aren’t just built for them. It is not true, maxi skirts can actually help short women in looking tall if chosen precisely. The skirt should border around the feet perfectly. A shirt which is properly tucked in, along with a jacket, preferably leather, should be preferred with the maxi instead of a tee shirt. The maxi skirt will also help you in covering the wedges or heels, which give a boost to the height. But make sure that you wear it carefully so that you don’t trip.
- Do not hesitate on wearing short skirts: If you have decided to wear a short skirt, do not hesitate to go a little higher. When the short skirt is higher, it gives more exposure to the legs, hence giving out an impression of longer legs to the viewer. Strapped sandals with high heels can be preferred with mini-skirts as the viewer is having an impression of longer legs and moreover the sandals will increase the height. Try avoiding knee/calf length skirts.
- A top knot will certainly help: Top knots have been in fashion since a long time. They are not only fashionable but can help you in appearing tall as the top knot takes a certain height and makes an illusion for the viewer.
- Put on a pair of pointy flats: It is very difficult to flaunt heels for everyday purposes as it is very difficult for women to walk in them. Point flats can be preferred as they are both stylish and pointed shoes help in lengthening the leg line.
- Big shoulder bags should be avoided: Girls should look for a shoulder bag that suits their body tone, as a petite girl who is carrying a huge shoulder bag certainly appears to be shorter than a girl of the same height who is holding a much smaller shoulder bag or a purse.
- Cut your hair: If you are short and the length of your hair is pretty long, it will attract attention towards your long hair and hence making you appear shorter than your height. The solution is to cut your hair short. But in case you love your hair, a top knot will be a better solution.
- Wear skinny belts: Skinny belts surround the waist perfectly and are very attractive. Skinny belts when worn with a dress, looks really pretty and outlines the waist really well, making the person look taller. Whereas if you put on a thick belt, it will acquire a lot of space on your body and hence will make you look shorter.
- Wear a single color: One color from head to toe will create an illusion of a vertical line and hence make the person look taller. This is one of the most stylish and best ways of looking taller.