Can an inversion table invert your height worries?
A good height is a great asset. Whether you are a student or a professional or an aspiring artiste, a good height is always an advantage. It is often observed that people with a better height are usually seen to taste better professional success over their shorter counterparts as they are seen as more responsible and hence offered greater visibility. This makes them more viable in the field of love as well. People are psychologically more inclined to choose a taller person over a shorter one. Taller people are seen as more attractive and hence people who are vertically challenged often suffer simply owing to their height.
Growing taller after puberty can be a challenge. The growth hormone which is produced by the pituitary gland is responsible for the growth of a person. During the stages of puberty the body produces a larger quantity of growth hormone which causes a growth spurt during these years. As one grows out of puberty the secretion of growth hormone gradually reduces and then it stops. After this, it is very difficult to see a substantial growth in height as an adult. To trigger the growth, one has to do a number of things, including regular exercise, a change in diet and lifestyle etc. Although it is a difficult feat to achieve, it is not impossible.
There are various methods which are known to help an increase in height. Some of them involve natural but conscious efforts like a thorough change in lifestyle like better diet, exercise etc. while others consist of chemical or surgical methods to induce a height gain. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Lifestyle changes are safe but they take a lot of effort and hard work. They also need constant practice, dedication and immense perseverance. It takes some time to show results hence you have to be patient and keep on practicing the changes with conviction. On the other hand, while chemical methods promise a faster height gain, they also have a high chance of negative side effects, especially if it does not suit a particular person. Surgery can also be dangerous and even fatal, if something goes wrong. Hence it is better to opt for natural and physical methods to try to cause a gain in height. You can bring about a change in your diet to include healthier food while cutting out junk food. A number of stretching exercises and sports can also enhance you height. You can also go for alternative methods like yoga, gravity boots or an inversion table. Inversion tables, although not yet a mainstream method of exercise, have shown extremely positive results.
Inversion Table- all you need to know
The first question that might come to your mind is what on earth is an inversion table? Well, it is simply a table which helps you safely hang by the ankles, head first. It has a flat surface on which you lie down, attach yourself and can invert yourself, partially or completely. It is completely safe and easy to manoeuvre using your hand. You gently lift your hands backwards, causing the table to invert. You can control whether it turns a complete ninety degrees, making you perpendicular to the ground or if you want a lesser incline. Contrary to popular belief, this is not a new technique at all. The history of inversion therapy dates back to about 400 BC when the father of medicines, Hippocrates, used to invert patients upside down to realign their spinal column and improve blood flow. Later in the mid twentieth century physicians have carried on a great deal of research and worked on the principle to create a safe and better inversion table that could be used for regular treatment and therapy.
What does an Inversion Table Do?
Inversion therapy uses the force of gravity to decompress the spine. Although it was initially used as a means to cure back pain, later researches conducted by eminent physicians and medical practitioners have found that it is also highly beneficial in increasing one’s height. While decompressing the spine, it also improves blood flow to the brain and provides maximum stretching, thereby enhancing flexibility. It not only improves posture but also can help relieve patients with back issues like scoliosis and other ailments which cause the spine to bend or shrink. Exercising on an inversion table can also help one increase their height. Simple stretching is not enough as it is not possible to stretch as much as you can, aided by gravity. Since the work of stretching is done not by you directly, you will be surprised to see how flexible your body actually is! You can easily gain a couple of inches if you incorporate this device into your workout schedule.
Step by step use of Inversion Table to Gain Height
The first step is to adjust the inversion table at the right height. Keep it at such a height that it is two or three inches taller than you are. Lie down so that you are comfortable because if you are even a tiny bit in discomfort, you might end up injuring yourself, trying to wiggle while exercising. Put your feet through the adjustable rollers and secure your ankles well. You have to make sure that not only they are not too loose but also that they are not too tight because if you are not comfortable, you will not be able to work out. Adjust the safety strap around your back so that it’s well secured and tight. Once you feel ready, slowly move one arm up and your table will start inverting. Once you find your comfort zone, you can increase the levels of inversion and start using it to do your exercises which help you in gaining height.
Here are some of the exercises that you can do on your inversion table. All these exercises have been proved to show a distinct increase in height. The number of times you should do a certain exercise mentioned below are for the times when you are beginning to do that particular one. You should increase the number once you feel more comfortable. For best results these can be done twice a day.
- Lower your arms backwards gently till the table reaches an angle of about sixty degrees. Hold that position for a second to ensure that you are absolutely comfortable. Then slowly raise one arm to reduce the angle of the table by twenty to thirty degrees. Hold a second and slowly lower your arm till the table goes back to its original incline. Repeat the procedure with the other arm. Breathe in while you are raising your arm and slowly breathe out when you are relaxing the arm. Gently keep oscillating the table like this, each arm ten times at the beginning. This will help your spine stretch and in the process realign your spinal column, decompressing it. Remember to keep a steady breathing while you do this.
- Slowly invert your table to ninety degrees so that you are perpendicular to the floor. Hold that position to ensure that you are comfortable. In that position stretch your back and arch your shoulders backwards. Hold for two minutes, relax and repeat ten times in the beginning.
- Hold yourself in an inverted position and stretch one foot as much as you can. Hold for a couple of minutes, then relax and do the same steps with the other foot. Repeat these steps for at least ten times.
- You can also use your inversion table to do your weight training exercises with your inversion table as well. Using light weights like dumbbells to gently lift your arm. This enhances the decompression of the spine.
- When you reach an inverted position, support yourself and take a long deep breathe. Breathe in and out twenty times. This cleanses your body as well as decompressing your spine.
- In an inverted position extend your arms and try to touch your toes. It is a very challenging task and hence this is not for beginners. Try this exercise only when you have successfully managed to do the other exercises. Try to do this exercise five times every day. But do not exert yourself too much if you are unable to. Gradually increase the number of times per week.
- This is also not a beginner level exercise; hence you must be very comfortable with your inversion table before trying this. Place your arms on your chest and use your abs to lift your upper body. This is like a regular crunch, but only more complex. This is a great exercise for your abs and spine. Try doing this at least five times a day.
After you are done, slowly take your table back to the normal position and relax. It is crucial that you do this process slowly because a sudden choppy movement can injure you.
There are a few things you need to know before you get yourself an inversion table. If you are pregnant or have heart or eye problems, it is best to take your doctor’s opinion before buying an inversion table. Moreover it is absolutely mandatory that you do the exercise in the presence of another person who can help you, if not a trained professional. Using your inversion table safely and regularly can yield excellent results and you can easily gain 2-3 inches.