Everyone craves for long legs. It not just makes you look taller than your peers, but also enhances your personal appeal and charisma. After attaining adulthood, many people come to the conclusion that they can no longer enhance the length of their legs, but it’s completely false. In fact, by indulging in regular work outs and exercises, you can actually bring a lot of transformation to your body and appearance.
A lot of people have successfully transformed their short legs into long ones by doing simple exercises at home in DIY (Do It Yourself) procedures. It hardly takes 20-30 minutes every day to perform these exercises. You don’t need any gym instructor or coach to perform these exercises. You can easily follow the steps as given below to perform these exercises.
- Sprinting: If you indulge in sprinting everyday for at least half an hour, it will augment your bone masses in the legs – making them strong and bulkier. It is one of the simplest and easiest procedures to get grow your legs.
- Swimming : Swimming is one of the best exercises to burn your extra calories and fat. Using breaststroke while swimming, you can actually boost up the length of your legs. Do it regularly for at least five-six months to get results. But it is strictly prohibited for people who don’t know swimming.
- Hanging Exercise: Just like every exercise that you are not familiar with, this one should also be done under the expert guidance of someone who is trained. You have to fasten your ankle on a hanging strip and hang yourself inversely, facing upside down. It puts pressure on your knee cap and thigh joints helping strengthening of your bones and making them tall. Start doing this exercise for 10-15 minutes a day, and gradually you can expand up to 30 minutes every day. The exercise is useful for a healthy spine too.
- Bow and Arrow Exercise: In order to do this exercise, you have to stand properly while extending your arms at shoulder height. Now, bending both knees, try to stand up pushing through your left heel. Then you need to rotate your right toes towards right and bending your right arm while letting your elbow stay on the right side. Now, bend both knees and straighten them again with feet turned right out and heels firmly touching the ground. This exercise strengthens your thigh while stretching the bones.
- Sage Pose: Stand firmly on the ground with both hands stretched apart. Now slowly move your left foot forward so that it is facing to your right. Then raise your right arm straight while turning your body. Now lift your right hand gently stretching your feet – stay in this position for a few minutes, repeat the procedure with your other leg too.
- Pigeon Yoga Pose: Sit in a lotus pose with both legs intercrossing each other. Then bring your left knees forward aligning towards nose. Stay as it is for a few minutes and begin the same process with your right leg too. Do this exercise in a calm mind for better result.
- Straight Leg-Stretch: This is one of the simplest exercises for long legs. Even a layman can do it by following simple steps. Start this exercise by lying flat on the ground with your back facing down. Then lift both knees towards your neck. Extending your right foot, hold it at least 5-inch above ground. Repeat the process with your left foot as well. While performing this exercise, you may have to tilt your shoulders and head off the ground a number of times by holding the ankle of your foot with both hands. Do this exercise 10-15 times every day without fail for better results.
- Leg Circle: Lying flat on your back, try to lift your right foot to the point of ceiling fan while keeping your left leg on the ground. Now, encircle your right leg towards the left shoulder and then again towards right. Repeat the whole process with your left leg as well. Do it daily for 10-15 minutes in the early morning. This exercise stretches your hamstring muscles and while increasing the length of your legs too – bit by bit.
- Kneeling Knee Exercise: Position yourself as a four-footed animal with your palm and knees facing the ground. Then crossing your left knee and foot over right calf, you have to put your left knee straight out to the side without changing the angle of your knee and foot. Repeat it you’re your other leg as well. Strengthening your hamstrings and inner thighs, this exercise extends your legs as well in due course of time.