Exercise has always been an integral part in the process of growing taller and if you are really serious about your growing taller goals, you should consider incorporating Pilates in your workout routine.
Yes, pilates ! A set of Exercises that was developed decades ago by Joseph Pilate but is practiced by very few.
What Is Pilates?
Pilates is a system of physical exercises meant to strengthen our core, increase concentration, improve control over the body, improve breathing, moreover develop an indefectible working body in and out.
Does It Give Results?
Every body reacts differently to different exercises and gains varied results. Growing taller does not happen in a week or so. If you are planning to practice pilates daily and follow a correct routine you definitely are going to notice a change in you.
Pilates brings a noticeable change in your posture and makes you stand taller. Many of us don’t have a proper posture and that’s the reason we don’t look tall enough. You might have not reached your potential height due to unhealthy lifestyle, stress and lack of exercise since the time you entered your puberty. Pilates can thus, help you reach your maximum potential height and even a little more than that if done correctly.
How Often Can You Practice Pilates?
You need to be very disciplined in order to practice pilates. While it is important to practice it regularly, make sure you dont over do it. Pilates is a combination of exercises that include most of the muscles in your body and stressing these muscles without any rest can result in an injury. Even though it is safe to practice pilates everyday, it is important that you vary the intensity in order to get best results for growing taller.
Let us help you with the most effective PILATES exercises that help you grow tall..
1) FORWARD BENT
– Spread your legs wide apart and keep hands held together straight over your head.
– Bend forward curved at the hips and reach your hands to the ground amid your legs.
– Get back up and repeat 10 times. Also try moving your feet closer as you progress.
2) 90 DEGREE FORWARD BEND
– Keep your feet a width apart and hands behind the neck, and curve forward.
– After you’ve gone down come back to the starting position
– Repeat 5 more times.
3) WARRIOR POSE
– Spread your legs and keep them 4-5 feet apart from each other.
– Twist your left foot 90 degrees to the left and right foot 45 degrees to the left.
– Curve at your left knee until the knee is in direction of your ankle.
– Now lower your arms and stabilize them at shoulder length. Stay and breath. Repeat.
4) LOCUST POSE
– Locust post is best known for giving you a straight an erect posture and make you taller.
– Lie on your stomach and keep your hands by the side.
Constrict the abdominals and lift your arms, legs and upper body.
– Lower down and repeat.
5) CHILD POSE
– Child pose is used since decades in yoga but is also an essential part of PILATES.
– Stoop on the mat and sit down on your heels. Curve your body onward as you take your palms to the ground.
– Let your arms rest and take the shoulders forward. Stay there for 5 seconds. Repeat
6) BREAST STROKE EXERCISE
– Lie on your stomach.
Bend both the elbows. Now curl your upper body.
– Experience the stretch in your whole body. Discontinue when it hurts. Repeat 5 times
7) SPINE STRETCHING
– Sit on a mat and keep your back straight.
– Expand your legs.
– Bend forward as you stretch out both the hands. Hold the stretch for 10 secs. Repeat
8) BALL STRETCHING
– On an exercise ball place your back at centre. Stretch your arms out and feet apart.
– Uncurl your legs to carry the ball forward.
– Now roll backwards. Create a straight line by your body.
– Now try to transport your chest and head away from the ball as you raise. Stay for 5secs. Repeat.
9) SPINE LENGTHENER
– Stand straight with arms at sides.
– Lift your heels up and stand on your toes. Now lift your arms sideways towards the sky and widen your body.
– Extend your neck backwards and upwards. Hold and breathe. Repeat 10 times.
Do this at end.