Height is an effective attribute to a person’s body and taller people are loved by everyone. Short people blame their genes and fate for their height. But only 60% of the height is based on the genes, rest 40% depends entirely upon the environmental factors, nutrition and the amount of exercise & stretching. Stretching is really beneficial for the body as it stretches the body from head to toe and helps in the secretion of the Human Growth Hormone (HGH) which stimulates growth in the body.
Here are a few stretching exercises that will help you in increasing your height
The Pelvic Shift
Pelvic Shift is concerned with the lower part of the spine and the hips. It is a very effective exercise in increasing the height. Performing Pelvic Shift is not a difficult job. Here are the steps:
- Lie down straight on your back and rest your arms on the floor.
- Whilst bending your knees, bring your feet as close to the hips as possible.
- Align your back and force your hips upwards.
- This position has to be held for 20-30 seconds. Once held, come down slowly and repeat it.
Leg Kick/Waterless Swim
Here are the steps of performing the leg kick/ waterless swim:
- Lie down straight on your stomach and spread the legs and arms such that the palms touch the floor.
- Raise your right leg and the right arm at the same time. Both should be straightened. This position is to be held for twenty to thirty seconds.
- Once done, slowly bring your hand and the leg down. Now repeat the same pose with the left leg and arm. Stretch like this for about 30 minutes every day.
This is a relatively easy exercise and will help in increasing the height effectively. Here are the steps for performing Hanging:
- Find a bar which is roundabout 7 foot above the ground and is strong enough to hold your body weight. Now jump and grab the bar.
- Keep hanging on the bar for as long as you can hold.
- Come down when tired, rest for 30 seconds and perform again.
- At least 15 minutes shall be given to this exercise.
This exercise is initiated just like hanging. In addition to hanging, this exercise will increase the muscle power as well. How to perform chin ups:
- Hang on the bar which is roundabout 7 foot above the ground.
- Now using the strength of your arms and your back straight, pull up your body up.
- Take it to the height where your chin is just above the bar.
- Repeat it 15 times in 1 rep and do 5 reps every day.
- The Yawn
The Bend Down
It is another simple exercise which will stretch your spine.
- Stand straight without bending the back and hold your hands behind your neck.
- Stretch your elbows as much as you can.
- Now bend your back and bend as much as possible.
- Maintain the pose for about five to fifteen seconds.
- Touch toes
It is a simple exercise which helps in increasing the height and stretches the spine and legs. How to perform:
- Stand straight and put your body weight on both the legs evenly. Do not force the weight on just one foot.
- Now raise your arms straight above your head.
- Now bend down and try touching your toes. Make sure you don’t bend the knees. After touching the toes, hold the position for 15-20 seconds.
- Return to the initial position and perform the exercise for 10-15 minutes.