Height is an effective attribute to a person’s body and taller people are loved by everyone. Short people blame their genes and fate for their height. But only 60% of the height is based on the genes, rest 40% depends entirely upon the environmental factors, nutrition and the amount of exercise & stretching. Stretching is really beneficial for the body as it stretches the body from head to toe and helps in the secretion of the Human Growth Hormone (HGH) which stimulates growth in the body.
Here are a few stretching exercises that will help you in increasing your height
The Pelvic Shift
Pelvic Shift is concerned with the lower part of the spine and the hips. It is a very effective exercise in increasing the height. Performing Pelvic Shift is not a difficult job. Here are the steps:
- Lie down straight on your back and rest your arms on the floor.
- Whilst bending your knees, bring your feet as close to the hips as possible.
- Align your back and force your hips upwards.
- This position has to be held for 20-30 seconds. Once held, come down slowly and repeat it.
Leg Kick/Waterless Swim
Here are the steps of performing the leg kick/ waterless swim:
- Lie down straight on your stomach and spread the legs and arms such that the palms touch the floor.
- Raise your right leg and the right arm at the same time. Both should be straightened. This position is to be held for twenty to thirty seconds.
- Once done, slowly bring your hand and the leg down. Now repeat the same pose with the left leg and arm. Stretch like this for about 30 minutes every day.